Services | Ktm Immigration
  • +977-01-4426263
  • +977-01-4426164
  • +977-9841514732
  • Working Hours: 7am - 6pm, Sun - Fri

All international students are required to have Overseas Student Health Cover for the duration of their studies in Australia which provides medical and hospital insurance.This can be arranged by the Admissions Office on your behalf. You can nominate the type of cover you require in your acceptance form.

The cost of OSHC differs depending on the type of cover required. The average cost of minimum cover is AUD$500 for 12 months of singles cover, $2,600 for 12 months of couples cover and $4,200 for 12 months of family cover (as at June 2016). You can have your OSHC organised for you by your educational institution or purchase it online through the OSHC provider’s website. You may choose to take out OSHC with your institution’s recommended provider or with another provider. You should speak to the various OSHC providers before taking out cover to ensure that the level of cover you have chosen meets your needs. You may wish to compare policies from different OSHC providers to ensure you receive the highest benefits for the lowest cost. OSHC allows international students to access health care without experiencing financial hardship.

If you are studying at more than one educational provider and both are arranging OSHC, you will have to ensure that there is no gap between policies. This means that as one policy expires the next commences immediately. You must obtain OSHC for the proposed duration of your student visa and renew your OSHC if you extend the length of your visa.

Compare Australian Government-approved providers in one place; buy your policy and have it in minutes

If you plan to study abroad, it’s imperative to be aware of and well-versed with the medical tests you may need to undergo after you’re done with the application process.

Medical test requirements vary depending on the criteria of the country whose visa you are seeking. In general, countries require a medical history review, physical examination, chest X-ray and blood tests for infectious diseases. Chest X-ray and blood tests are not usually required for children under the age of 15.

Ensure that your medical records and prescriptions for medication are up to date before you apply for a visa. Some of the most common tests are listed below.

  1. Blood Test: This can provide information about liver and kidney function, complete blood count (including red and white blood cells, platelets and hemoglobin), various types of Hepatitis, HPV and HIV. The pathologist will need a blood serum sample to perform these tests. No special preparation is required to undergo these tests.
  2. Urine Test: Urine analysis is used to detect conditions such as urinary tract infections, kidney disorders, liver problems, diabetes, and other metabolic conditions. Before undergoing a urine test, you need to provide complete information about any prescription and over-the-counter medications and supplements you are taking. Medications can affect the results of urinalysis. If you suffer from any medical problems, you should carry a letter from your physician describing the medical condition and prescription medications, including the generic name of the prescribed drugs when you travel. Any medications that you take along should be in their original containers and should be clearly labeled.
  3. Chest X-ray: This is used to diagnose shortness of breath, persistent cough, fever, chest pain, and injury. It can also help diagnose and monitor treatment for a variety of lung conditions such as pneumonia, emphysema and cancer. This test requires no special preparation.

Check the Medical requirement whose visa you are seeking


United Kingdom